Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Getting to know an individualist

During my recent summer vacation, I had the chance to get to know a ka-tropa. He became my schoolmate during my CSI (Christian School International) junior high school days and soon became an acquiantance after my friends introduced me to him. I didn't get the chance to get to know him since I was deported far far away from the land of many islands after a quarter of my junior year in CSI. OK, LIANE, enough with the mindless blabbing and introduce this person already. Friends, meet Paolo...



On one lazy Saturday night, me, Lin and Lenn, decided to join the guys's drinking session happening at Pao's place. When we were inside his place, I took a glance at the nice drawings that were hunged on the walls of his living room. I learned from Lin that it was Pao, who majors in Fine Arts, was the one who drew those pictures. I wish I took pictures of some of his drawings, it would be nice for y'all to see how talented of an artist he is.

On to another Saturday night, September 4th to be exact, which was Ron's birthday party, I had the chance to talk with Pao. It was one of the best "talks" that I had. In that conversation, I had the chance to know who he really is, his tastes in music (punk rock and if i remember correctly, he also likes grunge music, is that even spelled right??); his takes on life (he is an individualist at heart); his love for his parents and his sister; his talents (other than drawing, he also paints and writes music); and finally his love for his "someone special". What really struck me the most in that conversation is how he talked about his parents so candidly, heck, it almost made me cry (maybe because I remember my own parents).

So Pao, if you're reading this, I enjoyed talking to you that day and sorry for putting you through this embarassment, I just had to narrate memories that got stuck on me from my vacation. Hope you don't mind.. ;-)




No comments: