Friday, July 09, 2004

a "passion for fashion"

Last night I was reading the current issue of Preview magazine that has the headline of (I think..) "10 most fashionable women". I was reading the article and it sort of inspired me to write down some fashion "foods for thought".

Here are by far the Top 10 Lessons I learned from trying to be a "fashion model":

1. Never wear rubber shoes and/or tennis shoes with slightly flared jeans.

2. Never wear a skimpy top with a skirt at church, sport it if your going on gimiks or parties.

3. Accessorize your outfit.

4. Have confidence in what your wearing.

5. Have your own personal style, have no fear about what other people would think about it.

6. Shop alone, if shopping with friends or relatives, bring the ones who will give you fashion advice, and I mean FASHION ADVICE alone.

7. "Wear something fancy with something casual"

8. Invest on classics. (I know this advice has been on every fashion magazines)

9. Buy what you really (10x) like.

10. Dress to impress yourself.

Some Q and A regarding my "passion for fashion":

Favorite Stores: Department Stores (i.e. Bon-Macy's, Nordstroms, SM), A & E, Abercrombie and Fitch, Rave, Forever 21, Genevieve Gozum, YRYS, Bench, Pacsun, LEE

Meccas: Department Stores, Greenhills, Liliw (shoes)

Clothing Weakness: shirts and blouses, shoes

Fashion Icon: Gwen Stefani, Jennifer Aniston, Nicole Kidman (haute coutures), Carrie Bradshaw

Fashion faux pas: wearing rubber shoes with slightly flared jeans

Fave Get-up: Hot weather - basic tee, jeans, and sandals - tank top, capris, sandals
Cold Weather - layered look with jeans and sneaks or rubber shoes - sweatshirt and jeans

Clothing must-have: a good pair of jeans

Accessory must-have: necklace and/or choker

Some food for thought regarding Life, Music, and Photography:

Photography - sepia and black n white tones
Photography - children :: dogs :: flowers :: depth of field :: candids (b n w)
Photography - photos of friends and families, life and music
Photography - trying to figure out if I have a talent in this field or not
Photography - figuring out what my style and my theme is.

Music - live, acoustic, slow rock alternative, upbeat RnB, slow jams, shaky rap tunes

Life - musings, woes, sentiments; family;love;friends;God
Life - science, Biochemistry, genetics, Human Genome Project, PhD-MD, Pediatrics specializing in Oncology-Hematology, Cancer
Life - Coffee Shop, pastries, partners, gallery of photos, portfolio of photos
Life - Biotechnology in Seattle, Chemistry in UP
Life - witnessing and sharing the word of God
Life - web design and html codes
Life - personalize your style
Life - Sex and the City; cute, sophisticated cartoon women

Life - being able to convince myself that I could move on
Life - being able to salvage a "lost" friendship
Life - being able to accept God's will for me
Life - being able to understand my parents' protectiveness
Life - being confused about whether or not my parents trust my judgment or not

Last words ...

"moving on is like fashion, the less your attention to it, the more it creeps up to you."

hmmm...

No comments: