Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The News that Stings . . .

Earthquakes. Tsunamis. DEATH.

Friends, let us all pray for the 80000+ people that died in South Asia due to the earthquake and tsunami attacks.

Pray also for the people who have survived.

THE Dentist Appointment.


I had an appointment with my dentist today and boy oh boy! did he have some news for me. The gum, where an "old" tooth (the whole story behind this gross thing is just way too long to tell and I'm not really up for going down memory lane, so I will just have to leave it at that) resided, is once again developing another cyst.

CYST.

It's one word and it scares the heck out of me. I remember the last time I had the first cyst in that gum. It evolved into an infection which led me to go to some type of gum doctor for him to remove the excruciatingly painful dot that has formed in my gums. I don't want to go through that again because I remember the pain that I felt, even with anesthetics, while the merciless doctor was removing the "pus" out of the spot. I don't want to feel that pain again, the pain that made me cry because it hurt so much.

(sorry for yet another gross story)

TRANSFER APPLICATIONS.

I started filling out trasfer applications for the following universities:

1. University of Washington
2. Seattle Pacific University
3. Seattle University

Again, I have two back-ups just in case UW does not accept me again.

I can't apply to schools that are 20 miles away from home because my mom is deadset on not wanting me to live in a dorm or an apartment. I have no idea why, but I'm guessing she fears that I might be one of those kids who MIGHT go off in the wrong direction if the parents are not present.

UPDATE (12-30-04 @ 1:55pm):

I was thinking about how I complained yesterday about the pain that I would feel if I go through another process of removing the cyst in my gums. I asked myself, "why am I complaining/struggling about such a small thing (that might not even happen) when people, who are an ocean away from me, are struggling to find ways to recuperate from the effects of the tsunamis and the earthquake."

*116,000 people, dead

No comments: