Thursday, December 02, 2004

Isn't IT?

Isn't it ironic that most people worry about the most mundane things such as "what to wear to school the next day" or "what grade we will have on an exam" while other people on the other side of the world worry about "what they will eat" or "when they will get their next paycheck" or "THEIR POSSESSIONS MIGHT GET FLOODED BECAUSE OF THE STORM AND TYPHOON THAT CAME TO BASH THEIR CITY?"

I took my 2nd midterm for Calculus yesterday and I will tell you this: I was so frustrated by the fact that I couldn't answer a simple optimization story problem that I almost cried. Don't get me wrong here, I did study this time. Well, if you consider looking through the solutions manual of how an optimization problem is solved, studying. I don't want to go to my Math class today because I'm scared of knowing what score I will have for that test I took. I'm worried because I might cry over a failed score in front of my classmates.

You see what I mean by mundane things? I'm worrying about my Math class in this country while people from my home country are crying about their houses being destroyed by the typhoon, as well as, crying over their dead relatives that died during the storm depression.

UPDATE (10:34 am) : I received my 2nd Math midterm grade today. I'm happy because I did better than my first midterm. To make things hilarious for you: I'm .1 above the passing grade for that test. GO FIGURE.

No comments: