Sunday, December 05, 2004

I'm getting Married

(WARNING: People who find the whole idea of "ideal guy" B.S. should hit the "BACK" button or arrow of their browser or better yet the X button of their browser. When you do such you will save yourselves from the trauma of reading through a VERY idealistic post. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.)

I hate being mushy/sentimental/emotional these days. I have a tendency to puke over all things mushy and sometimes I'm not up for "boy talk" with my friends (sorry guys, if y'all are reading this). I don't know, I guess the whole idea of love has gone way over my head that I didn't even notice it. I guess the last 3 and a half years of "non-sensible" hoping has made my heart and my mind vulnerable to being stone deaf when it comes to the matters of love. But as you can see from the words of idealism below, it ain't completely stoned.

I'm getting married to a guy who stands by me through thick and thin.
I'm getting married to a guy who cooks hearty meals three times a day.
I'm getting married to a guy who loves his family more than anything in the world.
I'm getting married to a guy who believes and walks with God.
I'm getting married to a guy who brings me back on track with my life.
I'm getting married to a guy who is not narrow minded.
I'm getting married to a guy who can completely accept a full blown frankness from me.
I'm getting married to a guy who loves to go shopping with me.
I'm getting married to a guy that is persevered and determined to work his way through life.
I'm getting married to a guy who makes me laugh so hard that it makes my stomach hurt.
I'm getting married to a guy who is tall, dark, and handsome (or tall, mestizo and handsome).
I'm getting married to a guy who loves kids and doesn't mind the idea of having one of his own.
I'm getting married to a guy who will listen to me while I grudgingly/boringly narrate stories.
I'm getting married to a guy who will accept my boring and quiet nature.
I'm getting married to a guy who will help me clean up my mess.
I'm getting married to a guy who is sensitive but not overly sensitive.
I'm getting married to a guy who will "bear hug" me from my back.
I'm getting married to a guy who treats my friends as his friends.
I'm getting married to a guy who sarcastic enough to argue with me.
I'm getting married to a guy who loves my melodramatic tones.
I'm getting married to a guy who is patient enough to deal with my mood swings.

But this is just me fantasizing. I know that there's no such thing as an ideal guy. I know that there's no perfect guy out there. But it doesn't hurt to imagine and it doesn't hurt to hope that maybe there's someone out there for me who will closely be fall into my ideal guy illusions.

Sorry if I put you guys through reading this uninhibited post.

No comments: