Sunday, December 12, 2004

Feeling a bit crazy

Yesterday, I made an impulsive decision to buy the Ibook G4 that I've been eyeing since God knows when. It's weird because instead of me being happy and cheery about it, I'm going crazy over the fact that my family will look down on me and say, "Gee, Liane, another impulsive buy, when will you ever learn?".

It wasn't exactly an impulsive buy, I was already researching and canvassing about what laptop computer to buy since late October. As for my desktop computer, I was planning to sell it.... before I buy my laptop computer.

But I haven't sold my desktop computer yet, insert "impulsive buyer" insult here. Yes, that's where "I'm an impulsive buyer" insult to myself comes in.

When will I ever learn not to make hasty decisions? When will I ever learn to *fcukin' prioritize?

I'm going CRAZY.. CRAZY.. CRAZY..

UPDATE (12-13, 2:47 am):

I still feel bad about this whole "buying a laptop" issue. I just had a rude awakening when I was talking to my friend. She bluntly asked me why did I even bought the laptop already when I haven't even sold my desktop pc yet. It was a real stab in the heart when I saw those words popped out of our messenger window. Don't get me wrong here, I didn't take her question in an offensive way. I just got taken a back by the fact that she was right about her question, even though it was only a question. Why did I even buy a laptop when I haven't even sold my desktop pc yet? Why?

This is actually more than the computer buying itself. It's more of me downing myself for being so impulsive/compulsive or can I say OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE? I thought I planned this whole decision thing thoroughly. I thought I had all the factors covered. I even dragged my sister with me to the Apple store to ask the question that I myself have forgotten to ask. I guess research, asking people about what's good and what's bad about a MAC, canvassing, and reading all the pros and cons about a MAC computer in the internet isn't quite enough to make the decision.

Ironically, I myself don't like impulsive buying. I always get annoyed when my mom buys way too much noodles or cereals. I always get annoyed when I hear that my sister asks my other sister or my mom to buy stuff for her kids, stuff that I KNOW FOR A FACT that her kids already own. I guess being an OC runs in the family. But I don't want to be an impulsive-compulsive buyer. I want to be a person who can make decisions that will go without hitches or flaws. We all know that decisions are a big part of our lives. It can either break us or make us. I wish that our school had a class that teaches the right way to make decisions. But I wonder, right at this very moment, is there such thing as "the right way to make decisions"?


PATHETIC PLUGGING:

I beg y'all, if you know anyone who lives in Seattle who desperately needs a relatively new computer, email me @ liane_14_00@yahoo.com or liane222@msn.com

No comments: