Saturday, August 14, 2004

Writing is beginning to be a part of my life, NOW.

I can’t help but notice that I have a huge thirst for writing these days. I don’t know if it’s the writing bug that did this to me, but I sure can’t help but notice how much of the things that run through my mind are actually things that I want to write down.

It just dawned upon me that I want to write about so many things, such as, the things that are going on in my life these days or the things that I admire or value. On the contrary, writing COULD be a pain in the butt sometimes. Say, for example, you open your text software and a blank white screen pops up in front of you and then BAM! You can’t think of anything to write about. Your mind is a complete blank. You feel like as if you’ve lost the “zest” that helps you to write about anything and everything. I wonder if the greatest writers in the past and present ever experience such loss? I wonder if they experienced the so-called “writer’s block”? I remembered my English 101 instructor, Bonnie, relating to us that there is no such thing as “writer’s block”, but of course, being the stubborn ass girl that I am, I somehow want to disagree with her.

I wished I owned a laptop computer instead of a personal computer. I think now I’m regretting buying the personal computer. Had I known then that I would have this sudden thirst for writing, I would’ve bought a laptop! Again, I’ll have to face the fact that there is a reason for everything that goes on in your life. So, I just have to think that there’s a reason why I bought a PC instead of a laptop computer.

I have to thank the world of blogging for getting me up and about with the whole writing thing. I think reading and writing blogs has helped me to give writing another chance.

Within the next three years:

....I have to have a laptop computer. I just have to have one.
WISHFUL THINKING: a blue colored APPLE laptop computer
REALISTIC THINKING: a DELL 2400 laptop computer

No comments: