Saturday, August 28, 2004

Baguio=Seattle ... Rain ... Rain ... and ... MORE RAIN!

I just got back from a 5 day vacation--within a vacation-- trip in Baguio. Here's the lowdown for all you peeps out there:

the UPSIDE:

UKAY-UKAYs --

My sister warned me to be LIST down the things that I want to buy in Baguio, cause once you enter these shopping places, your mind will go crazy on all the clothes, bags, and accessories that you will see. SISTER KNOWS BEST, i tell you that. Although my brain went bizaare, I was very tamed into not buying the all things that I want.

- sweaters and 2 jackets
I need them cause it will be FALL again in Seattle.

- a native bag and a silver Chinese character from IBAY's
I have to have them, so I caved.

I think I covered most of the 2nd hand stores there-- from Session Road to Maharlika to the market to Mines View to John Hay -- I don't know if I left any out.

Little "food for thought" that I got from this ukay-ukay shopping trip:

Its nice to shop for yourself and for your family and friends during the "rainy" season. Merchants drop the prices of their goods, BIG TIME. My sister was looking at a set of chess pieces at a store in Maharlika that was priced at P1000, she haggled, the merchant dropped the price to P600. Imagine how low that went?? My sister didn't buy the set though. Weird GIRL!

THE downside:

the RAIN -

The weather's a b*tch up there! Seriously, it was raining every freaking day!! I didn't get the chance to see the one tourist spot that I wanted to see in Baguio, which is the Cemetary of Negativism found in Camp John Hay, because it was closed due to the RAIN. GRR!!!

But the rain didn't stop me and my sister AND her KIDS (a 3-year-old and a 4-month-old) in going to the UK-UKs. We braved the rain and we shopped. Hey, we didn't go to Baguio just to get stuck in a hotel for 5 days, you know.

THE VERDICT -

Despite the rain, it was a fun vacation. I got the chance to see what was new in Baguio because it has been a while since the last time I was there.

But I ain't gonna go back there when its the rainy season.

No comments: