Tuesday, August 10, 2004

The Da Vinci Code.

I just finished reading the book yesterday. It was a pretty interesting book. It was mind-boggling and mysterious in some ways. Every chapter of the book gives you a cliff hanger that will keep you from putting it down and not returning to it anymore. Dan Brown described each character, each place and each event using all the parts of the English language. Let me put it this way, as you read through a description, you can picture the person, the place or the event in your head, just like the way he describes it. It's crazy!

This book depicted Jesus Christ as a not-so-perfect person; a person who was said to be "perfect" had a relationship with Mary Magdalene (who was described as a "prostitute" in the book). Somehow, it felt like it was non-fiction because of all the historic people, places, and things that he tackled.

The most eeriest thing he described was the "Hieros Gaimos" (if it ain't the right spelling, tell me), which was a ritual that was done by the Priory of Sion---a secret society, as to what the book says. A ritual which, in layman's term means, sex.

Bamboo rocks.

Their song "Noypi" has a line that says, "Sa dami mong problema/Nakuha mo pang ngumiti/Noypi ka nga/Astig". When I read that line from the lyrics written in their album cover, I remembered my friend, Joy, praising or maybe telling me na "nakukuha ko pang ngumiti kahit na me problema ako at the moment"---this was the time when I had a problem back in Christmas '03.

Before, when I had problems regarding my life, I looked like a theatre mask (you know that mask that you see in front of play invitations?? Those two masks?? One smiling and one crying??), anyway to be a bit more CLEARER, I was doning a poker face, on the outside I was all smiles; on the inside I was either mad or crying. Up until now, I still don the poker face. I don't know, I guess that helps me in a way, because I hate being dramatic all the time. I sometimes hate to talk about dramatic stuff also. I cringe everytime I see people in telenovelas acting like someone's going to die with their cries and whinings (but I still watch those damn telenovelas, pretty weird huh?).

Only a month left.

Wow, days fly by so fast and before I know it, its "buhbye PI, see you in 3 or 4 or 5 years". Well, I can't go down memory lane yet, since this vacation isn't officially over. I still have the Baguio trip that my sister's family and I are going to do next week. I still have 4 birthday people to greet and celebrate their birthdays with and I still have some serious shopping to do (for the bilins that my mom told me). OK. Gotta get my groove on or else..

Midnight Rendezvous.

This is really not the normal me, but everytime the clock gets closer to 12 am, I feel hunger pangs. I constantly stand up from the couch near the tv and search for food in the fridge. REAL FOOD, I might add, not junk food. After this blogging, I will go heat up some kaldereta that my sister cooked this lunch.

No comments: