Thursday, June 10, 2004

You've Got Mail

You've Got Mail. It's the words that you hear when you open an AOL account. It's the words that a person can rely onto when they are expecting emails from people they love or people they know.

There's a movie about this 3 words. Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan starred in it. It's a romantic comedy about two people exchanging mutual emails and messenger conversations over, you guessed it, the INTERNET. I love this movie. It's actually one of my favorite movies, since it gives a whole new meaning to the word L-O-V-E. I must admit that they portrayed the L-O-V-E part in a fantasy manner, but wouldn't it be a nice and sweet story to tell your grandkids that you met your husband in the cyberworld? That you have gotten to know the person through emails and IM conversations??

I know it would be hard since Internet these days are full of psychos, creeps and maniacs and it would also be impossible to really know who the REAL person is. But what if, what if you find a person who God has chosen for you to be with in the internet?

Wow.. I'm getting all mushy-gushy again. Forgive me. I just watched the movie again today and it somehow made me feel what's it like to grow in love again. By the way, did this post made any sense at all? Drop me a note if it did, if it did'nt, well, let's just say I wasn't really thinking well enough about the words that I'm suppose to put in in this POST.

CIAO!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

gail says:

i love that movie!!! it rocks! i have the DVD but i haven't seen it. but i'd rather not meet my future husband through the internet. :P la-la-la. ur post makes sense.

Liane said...

HEEEYYY!! we could have a movie thing with that DVD playing on the tube!!!! yeah.. seems not right to meet someone you would like to be with in the internet huh?? hehehhehe.. wala lang.. it's just one of my daily life ponderings..

Gail T. said...

sure, it can happen but it's way too creepy and freaky-deaky for me. at least sa movie, the audience know tom hanks isn't a maniac or anything. but in real life, you just don't know.

hey liane, what do you think i should do for my blogeasy site. i thought of posting the mini-surveys there. but then, wala na akong I'm-so-boring-i've-nothing-to-write entry sa blogspot ko. :P

SlySquirrel said...

It was a pretty good movie. So what category do I fall into? Psycho, creep or maniac?

Liane said...

Gail--> yeah, I agree with you, there's just way too many psychos out there that you just can't trust people easily.. like I said mga pondering moments ko lang yun.. hehehe.. And about your BLOGEASY thingie, maybe you should post like surveys about yourself, kinda like the friendster thingie?? hehehe.. I really don't know.. it's up to you gurl..

Sly--> Psycho-creep-maniac are somehow synonymous to each other, I only used it for the sake of making an exaggeration, I don't know why -- maybe it's just me. But I don't know you, therefore, I can't judge. Thanks for your comment by the way.. :)