Monday, June 14, 2004

Travelling to an island that consists of 7,100 islands

It's been a while since I travelled outside the state. The last time I travelled was back in Spring of 2003, when I went to California to attend the funeral of a late uncle. It was the time when I travelled alone with a roller bag. It was a time when travelling was as easy as 1-2-3, since I have an e-ticket and it was only a travel outside of this state.

Tomorrow, I'll be travelling outside of this state, again, and outside of this country. I will be travelling back home to the Philippines to visit my siblings and my friends. It's been a while since I've done international travelling. Almost 2 years ago as far as I can recall. It's a very stressful thing to travel internationally because I'll be bringing two big-ass luggages, I'll be thinking about the "reminders" that will be told by my mom and my dad and my sister and my aunt, I'll be thinking about the whole route map of the Vancouver International Airport, since I didn't have any "transit" experiences via that airport, I'll be lugging around a box of 2 dozen Krispy Kreme Doughnuts for my bro-in-law since those doughnuts can get smooshed through security checks and heavy "carry-on" bags that will be placed on the cabin bin, I'll have to expect that I will have to deal with snobby airport staff, since that was what happened to me the last time I went home. OH BOY, the next 2 and a half days will be interesting. Thankfully, I'll be travelling with a friend (JJ --> ey girl, are you reading this??), at least I get to share some of the stressful travel experiences.

But I guess the cons of travelling will be outweighed by the fact that I'll be seeing my siblings and my friends. It's been a while since the last time I saw them, so it's actually pretty exciting to see them.

So what will be my agenda for this vacation?

--> Of course, the main reason why I'm going back home is because I will help my sister take care of her daughters.

--> Finish some unfinished business (can't really elaborate on this one, so bear with moi)

--> Shop. Eat. Sleep. Play. AHHH.. life will be good.. HOPEFULLY.

--> Chill with my friends, although I won't be seeing them everyday since they have school, I'll have to make it a point that I will hang out with them one day a week or maybe two.


So if you nice visitors are wondering if I will be updating this blog during my time there, I certainly will. That is if I have the money and the time to go to a computer shop.

im out...

No comments: