Monday, January 30, 2006

"and you asked me what I want this year"

it's not how fast you get to the finish line but how you tried to get there and how you learned from experiences. sometimes it's not all about who finishes first or last. it's about taking things slowly one step at a time and working on things slowly but surely and actually learning while you're at it. - taken from Gail

What a slap in the head for me. She's right. It doesn't matter how fast you finish something, what matters is how you got to finish it and how you actually worked your way there.

It's funny because this quote applies to my life these days. I've been so crammed up that I just wanted to get my homeworks done. DONE, meaning just DONE. I didn't really care how I answer the questions or if I understand the question at all. I didn't really care if I understand the solutions and the concepts. I just wanted it to be over with so I can get to the next thing that I have to do.

It's funny how a person, practically a stranger, have given me something to ponder upon again. I think it takes only one stranger (or two) for me to realize how shallow I can become. My friends are NO HELP! HAHAHA.. Kidding.

Yesterday, I was complaining, while watching the news, about howcome we don't have any sunbreaks during the week. My sister told me, "Liane, it's Seattle, aren't you used to it yet?". True. IT IS SEATTLE. Seattle won't be SEATTLE if it's not raining. I am used to it already, I'm just got fed up with it yesterday. LOL. I want just one day without rain. HAA.. I HAVE TO BE SATISFIED WITH WHAT IS AND STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT WHAT IS NOT. Anyway, the rain is good, it makes me work. Just last night I sort of, finished my Inferno book (finished it, but not totally understood it. OH YEAH.). I did that because for one I have to finish it by today and well, I got inspired by the pouring rain.

-0-


I have a twisted sense of logic. Earlier, I've been thinking about some stuff that scares me. There's this one thing that just started to scare me, and I guess IT scared me because I got burned from it before and I THINK I'm going through IT again so I guess I kind of started to think about it again and then I went on and on rationalizing it in my ahead, or at least I think that I was rationalizing about it. I guess sometimes I tend to get my whole logical thinking twisted (haha, look at what I've inherited from my mom). UGH, I just hate superficial, mundane and shallow matters. I don't know why I let them get to me.

-0-


~ I bought a book (out of impulse.ugh) yesterday. It's called In Her Shoes and it's written by Jennifer Weiner. And yes, it is the book that got turned into a movie. I was suppose to borrow it from the library, but since I'm so lazy and so impulsive, I just had to buy it.

~ Been listening to a lot of slow jams (aka. R and B) sounds lately, mostly old sounds. Something influenced me. HAHA. Or maybe alternative rock is being washed out of my system by the slow jams. EK. See that scares me because most of the slow jams that I listen to are sentimental/cheesy.

~ I am so jealous with one of my co-workers at the newspaper. She got the chance to shoot Hillary Clinton's press conference at the Seattle Biodiesel. I'm so jealous!! I couldn't take the assignment because I had to take care of stuff at the house. MEN. A once in a lifetime event. But, oh well. There will always be a next time for something great, right?

~ I've been writing lesser these days. I think that maybe the reason why I sometimes tend to sound stupid in some conversations that I have had with friends. Grammatically speaking, I'm really off. I just don't have the drive to write. I think it all went to taking pictures.

~ I have some back-log entries to post. The reason why I haven't posted them yet is because they're photo-related, have to scan/upload some of the photos that I have to incorporate with them. But I'll post them when I get the drive to scan. LOL.


Have a nice week y'all. Enjoy the rain!


UPDATE: 11:30 AM

Not good to start the week by being pissed off. I got published again today and when I saw how the photos were presented, it was just... UGH.

No comments: