Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I'm just reflecting.

"To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you."

-- Tony Dorsett

"something to hold on to"

I'm going to school because I want to get an education that will help me help the people who are finding a cure for cancer. I "hold on to" the memory of my Mom's mom, my dad's sister and brother, my brother-in-law's nephew who died at a very early age, and to the others who are suffering and died because of the big C. I "hold on to" their memories because they are the ones that can help me succeed in my education.

"something to motivate you"


Babies, little kids, or to be more specific, MY TWO NIECES. I'm motivated to learn because of them. I don't see them as much but I hear stories of how inquisitive and how smart they are becoming. Their stories are the ones that motivate me to learn. Their stories are the ones that motivate me to learn not because I want a good grade, but to learn because I WANT TO LEARN.

"something to inspire you"


It is very rare for me to have a guy care about my studies. I had the opportunity to have one and that inspired me to study harder.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaahhh........that something that keeps us going. thanks for taking my mind to the impt. purpose behind our education. i sometimes forget it because i get so focus on my difficulties instead of striving to do best. we need it as the quarter begins.
~ sarah

Gail T. said...

sinong guy?

Liane said...

sarah -- no problem.. hehehehe... God bless this quarter!

gail -- ill tell you in time.. :D

Anonymous said...

yeah, who's the guy?

sarah