Thursday, February 10, 2005

The One You Love or The One Who Loves You

A friend once asked me this question: "If you see two people hanging for their lives on a cliff and you see that these two people is THE ONE YOU LOVE and THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU, who would you save?".

In times when you're in a position to make a choice on the spot, you are bound to make an impulsive one. Fortunately, I didn't make any, because I didn't know how to choose.

What if you're in a situation wherein the ONE WHO LOVES YOU tells you that he will always be there no matter what, even if he knows that you love someone else? How would you entertain him? How would you treat him? And what if he tells you that he will help you get over your feelings for the ONE YOU LOVE?

For me, I'd rather not entertain the thought of THE ONE WHO LOVES ME "waiting" around for me or "helping" me get over my feelings for the ONE I LOVE. To me, I'd rather not let him waste his time or even energy on helping me out. To me, getting over the feelings for the ONE I LOVE, is a one-person deal. A one-person deal, because it is solely up to me if I still want to waste my time oogling/gushing/mushing over the thought of the "PERSON I LOVE". It is I, who has the sole job of gathering enough strength and desire to wash away the feelings and not another person.

Hmmm.. another mushy note from yours truly. I guess all the hype about Valentines Day, which is coming up pretty quickly by the way, got me thinking about certain things and come to think of it, I already swore off V-Day. Wait, scratch that, I swore off anything that spells or exudes ROMANCE. It gives me the "ick". Well, except for one thing, if someone gives me a bear hug (you know, a hug coming from the back), I would think of that as a sweet gesture. I used the term "sweet", because like I said ROMANCE/ROMANTIC gives me the "ick". HAR HAR HAR.. Ang gulo ko 'no??

So to people who thinks ROMANCE is not "ickful": HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! (Hey, I wouldn't want you guys attack me with forks and clubs.. WEHEHEHEHE....)

No comments: