Monday, February 14, 2005

A Day Worth Remembering..

Happy Valentines Day, everyone! I hope y'all had a wonderful day spent with family, friends, and significant others.

This year's Hearts Day is the most memorable of all the Hearts Day I celebrated before. The sight of my girlfriends and my guy friends smiling this day just made it all memorable for me. Usually, some people tend to get all mushy-gushy because they don't have any "valentine", but my friends weren't those people and I'm sure glad that they didn't become that.

Today, I know that I made my girlfriends smile. I gave each of them a pair of tulips, peach and yellow tulips, which signifies appreciation and friendship. I didn't give anything to my guy friends, but that's because I know that they wouldn't want to carry flowers around school. I just gave them my very best Valentines day greeting.

The best part of this day was the snow that came falling down early this morning. I got awe-struck and giddy inside when I saw the snow. Too bad, it dried out even before this day could end.

I think the snow changed my view about the true meaning of Valentines day. I still think that it is a day where people have an excuse to get laid or to receive/give extravagant gifts. But, I realized that spending this day with family and friends, without the gift-giving and flower-giving, makes it all worthwhile to celebrate it.

Again, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to y'all.

No comments: