Sunday, July 03, 2005

Papa

I realized that everytime my dad comes over here, I always have the power to cajole him into buying me something expensive. Last December, I asked him to buy me the Photoshop 3.0 software from the Apple Store. Just today, at the outlet mall in Marysville, I cajoled him (and my sister) into buying me the jacket that I've been eyeing in Adidas ever since my last visit there.

And just thinking about it right now, I'm lucky enough to make him buy me something expensive, since he has the tendency to be stingy when it comes to buying something, cheap or expensive.

And because I rarely get to ask him to buy me something (cheap or expensive), I think I deserve to cajole him into buying me those stuff. Plus, among my siblings, I'm the most "shy" one in asking him to buy me something. So yeah, I know I deserve it. HE.HE.

Don't make assumptions just yet. I'm not a daddy's girl; I'm very much far from it. I'm not that close to him, but, I joke around with him and tell stories to him, sometimes.

My dad's a cool guy. Well, scratch that, he can be cool .... sometimes. Sometimes, he can get annoying when he's makulit. I always laugh whenever he mispronounces words like.... uhhh...... I forgot the words that he always mispronounces..... hehehe.. sorry. I also laugh at him when he jokingly piss off my mom. He's also a strict guy, he always asks me questions whenever I'm gonna go out with friends (of course what parents don't ask questions right?). He's also strict with grades, but I think he became laid back when I started college. He also has these little quirks that sometimes annoys that heck out of me, my mom and my sister. Quirks like, taking a heck of a lot of time shopping. Just today at the outlet mall, he browsed at one store for a long time and then went out without even buying anything and when he did find something that he wants to buy, it takes an hour for him to decide whether he wants to buy it or not. Well, hehehe.. I'm a hypocrite, I, as well as my eldest sister, also take a lot of time shopping, so I guess that's one quirk that we both got from him.



on a shopaholic's note: I realized that it's o.k. to buy shoes, suits, jackets, jeans, and bags that are expensive (and also of good quality) since you'll be using them for a long period of time. It's also o.k. to be cheap with dresses, shirts, blouses, tanks, and swimsuits since you can never be too sure of how safe they will be in the washer and dryer.

on a frustrated writer's note: I'm sorry for the grammatical errors. I'm too lazy to edit them out.

No comments: