Monday, July 18, 2005

God played a joke on me.

I slept late again last night and by late, I mean 3:30-ish am late. I know... CLASS AT 7:30am. So, you can imagine the anguish and the frustration that I had when I woke up at exactly 7:07am, thanks to my dad who never fails to wake me up by just opening my door very hard. Today wasn't the regular days that I could just skip-to-my-lou with. I have a Math quiz which is given at promptly 7:30am and collected at 8, so I was in desperate need to get to school at exactly 7:30am.

So, I got up from my bed, did bathroom duties, got dressed and then headed out.

When I arrived, I headed to the classroom and to my dismay, there was a sign posted on the door of the room that said:

"MATH 126, 7:30-8:45am: CANCELLED, QUIZ WILL BE GIVEN TOMORROW, 19th OF JULY."

Hoookaaaiii... So I got back in the car, and I thought to myself that God must be laughing at me right now and saying, "HA-HA, GOTCHA... NEXT TIME, SLEEP EARLY!"

And with that thought came the thought of buying coffee for me and my dad (as a token of my appreciation for waking me up and because I kinda felt bad for making a face at him while he was trying to tell me something as I was backing out of the driveway.. so it's basically the caffeine bribe.... YES, I know.. BAD DAUGHTER.. )

In a way, this morning's class cancellation is a blessing to me because I didn't really want to take a quiz with an empty stomach and with a brain that's half asleep. So, thank you God for that.

Man.. I just realized that I wasted $1 for a whole day parking permit. ARGGGHHH...

Oh well.. at least I learned a lesson.

No comments: