Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Or so She says...

"Binigyan ka pa ng isang anak ng Diyos para me kasama ka pag wala na ang mga nauna mong anak"

-- what my grandmother told my mom when my mom was wondering why I was given to her.

Mothers can be and maybe always will be an annoyance to us. But we can't blame them for being that way. It is imbedded in every mothers in this world to be annoying.

Mothers are protective. You can't blame them for having that kind of attribute because they were assigned by God to protect us. Plus, she didn't spend 9 months of her life carrying you in her stomach and just waste that 9 months out by just letting you be in this big, bad world without any sense of defiance for yourself.

Mothers are good advisers, in fact, they're the best advisers in the world. We all know the saying "mom knows best", it's cliche, I know, but it holds true up until today.

Some people are not lucky enough to have met their mother because it was either their mom (a) died while giving birth to them, (b) they're mother left them at a young age, or (c) they're mother is abusive and just wasn't the type that would get to know her kid. Yet some people are lucky enough to have a mother that was there during the "firsts", the "lasts", the heartaches, the happiness, the sadness and so forth.

I'm lucky to have my mother with me today. And no matter how annoying and nagger-ish she gets, I'm still glad that I have her. Kung wala sya, baka siguro naging pariwara ako.

Love your moms. Love all their qualities. Kasi sila minamahal nila ang kanilang mga anak, inspite of the bad qualities that they see in their kids. Kaya dapat ganon rin tayo sa kanila.

No comments: