Wednesday, June 08, 2005

GENERALIZATION ...

My pet-peeves list keeps on growing day by day.

If people assume stuff about someone or something and then let's the whole public know about their "assumptions", without even confirming if it is true or not, I just feel "sorry" for them.

If you have "assumptions", may I suggest to you that you first confirm whether or not your assumptions are true before letting the public know about it.

Confirmation is like science people. Here's how: You first write down your hypothesis (your assumption), then you make observations, then you test out your observations by asking, experimenting or surveying. After you've done all that, then you go make your own conclusions base on the results of your tests.

That's not hard now is it?

I shouldn't say that I'm a saint who doesn't assume at all. I'm also guilty of it. But I know how to control it and I know where I should draw the line.

No comments: