Wednesday, September 22, 2004

My Dell computer and ME.

In the world of technology, everything evolves in faster and better mode. We, the people, can't keep up with the ever changing ways of the tech world. Once we try to keep up with it, it tries to eat up our asses because it makes us look like dumb nuts because we are not able to connect it or use it or play with it because we can't figure out how to CONFIGURE it!

Today, I had a one-on-one brawl with a computer who didn't fight back. Instead, it just looked back at me as if it didn't know what it has done to me. The wireless connection of my internet, once again, went down on me. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. Everytime I get my hands on this computer, I somehow make every process that it's making seemed so hard to comprehend. Unlike before, I had control of this computer; I had no problems with it ever since the first time I laid my hands on it, except for some minor hardware problems. But now, it seemed like the computer is the one controlling me.

Gone are the days of dial-up connection. Dial-up was much more fun than DSL connection. True, it was much more slower, but HELLO?? It was much less complicated! It was easier to figure out what went wrong with it unlike the DSL connection.

Right now, I just want to smash my computer into pieces. But on second thought, I bought this with my scholarship money. I don't think the scholarship people nor my parents would be happy about 1000 dollars scattered around my room.


side comment: this entry was written by the author this morning when she was cursing to herself because of the down wireless connection.

9:06 pm - Now, my wireless connection is up and running again. Don't ask me how I figured how to "configure" it, I'm just glad that it is UP.

No comments: