Thursday, September 09, 2004

From 18 to 30: Tying a knot out of a very crucial decade

A week ago, I was watching an episode of Sex and the City entitled, "Anchors Away". It was the episode when they were talking about having 2 great loves in a lifetime and showing that having a baby changes your lifestyle from social to maternal. The episode inspired me to jot down things that I want to do before I get "tied" down. Things that I want to do before I reach the age of 30.

Things that I want to fulfill before I reach the age of 30:

1. Earn a degree in Biochemistry

2. Travel back to Philippines after I graduate college

3. Go island hopping, from Boracay to Mindoro to Palawan, with friends

4. Come back to Seattle

5. Apply to respectable medical schools

6. If I don't get admitted in the medical schools that I've applied to, I will, apply for
a researcher job in the Biotechnology field.

7. Apply to grad school and earn a masters degree in Biochemistry

8. After grad school, I will continue studying until I get my Ph.D. in Biochemistry.

9. If grad school or Ph.D. doesn't prevail, I will self-study or enroll myself in a photography class

10. Pursue freelance photography

11. Create a picture portfolio

12. Contribute an article to a magazine

13. Design my own graphics

14. Travel California, Hawaii, Florida and New York

In the midst of these goals maybe I will find the man God set aside for me and be married to him. Or maybe I will still be single when I reach the age of 30. Who knows? God only knows what. I don't know if I can manage to fulfill all these goals, but one things for sure, the past and the present has given me determination and inspiration to do what I think I want to do. Time can only tell when these goals are going to be fulfilled, but only God can tell which things will be fulfilled before I get "tied" down.

No comments: