Saturday, September 01, 2007

everything i need.

There is more to life than material things.

There is more to life than a job that pays you six figures.

There is more to life than worrying about the smallest things.

I read in a magazine about a husband telling his wife not to worry if the car was not starting. He said, "No one is dying or having a heart attack, don't sweat it, we'll fix it". A man who knows his way with words. A man who lives up to the words "don't sweat the small stuff".

Material things are just that. Material. they cannot be immaterial because if they're mass produced, they're basically something that you can buy again if you lose it. I don't know why we very much thrive in a world where materialism seems to be a form of religion already. I admit, most of the time I tend to gravitate towards being materialistic but thankfully I can control myself, by saying to myself that it should not be like that. I should be happy with what I have.

Do I have everything? No. But I have a family that truly cares for my well being. I have great friends who are there for me in times of need no matter where they are and what they are doing. I have an education that has taught me quite a lot over the past years. I have a job that has taught me how to put myself out into the world. I will soon start a job that will help me save the world.

I don't have everything. But I sure have everything that will make me happy.

No comments: